Friday, April 24, 2009

No Empty Tills!

When a customer needs to get checked out, they often go to the register. Most of the time, I have no problem with this. Customers usually find where they need to go, and we send them out the door. I get a little peeved when I wait and wait at the till for several minutes, as some customers look ready to go. As soon as I walk away from the till....they are ready to get rung up.

A worse peeve I have, is when we have two tills. When Summertime hits, we get two. Without fail, as soon as we pull out the second register, and stand behind it, all customers go to the first one. And if we are camped out at #1, they go to #2. Do you normally go to the empty register at the grocery store? No! So why do it at my place?

I once got asked, "Can I pay anywhere?" Mmm, no, I don't have 100s of dollars in my pocket for change. Sorry. Once I told the customer that I had a till in said place, I got a "Oh really?"

As a customer, look around for a register near the clerks. If you are confused, ask a clerk. We are very happy to ring you up. Don't walk over to an unattended register and stand there. Sometimes it can be effective, but a lot of the time, it's just aggravating, and oftentimes, we can't help you there anyway.

No comments: