One thing that drives me crazy is getting asked about the merchandise. For some of the items, I know quite a bit about them. And it is fine if I get asked questions. When the questions keep coming after I have declared that I do not know the first answer...I probably don't know the next ones. "No, I do not know what it is made of." "Probably made in China." "Nope, haven't tried it."
I do not have access to taste testing each food product we sell. I have to purchase those, and I am on a limited income. I am not the manufacturer, and do not know any more than you do what is put into those ingredients. Nor do I know what something is made of.
The running joke a few years back was that workers made all the merchandise in the back of the building. We were getting asked often if we had made the items for sale.
Customers also do not seem to understand that a made in Alaska item is expensive. You don't work for pennies, do you? Neither do Alaskans. Most of the items you will find in tourist traps come from China. It's just a fact. Very few people are really willing to may $200 for a piece of ivory. That's how it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment